What is a Giclee'?
- The reproduction of a painting, using an inkjet printer on the same substrate (paper, canvas, etc.) as the original.
- Looks and feels like the original.
- Acid free paper or canvas and lightfast ink (with proper matting and framing) extends the archival life by generations
- Cost is about one-fourth the price of an original.
- First we have a 4"x5" transparency made by a professional photographer with special copy equipment.
- The transparency is scanned with an Epson Photo Scanner.
- We now make digital copies of the original art work to use for reproductions.
- The color, contrast, brightness, and saturation are matched to the original.
- The Giclee" is then printed with an Epson 7600 Professional Printer.
Advantage for the Artist
- Reduces Inventory (An order of ten eliminates a set up fee)
- After the first ten you order only what you need.
- The cost per image is much less, which means you can have a larger selection.
- The giclee' is more appealing than a commercial print.
- After the initial printing of ten, the image can be downsized and used for note cards and several other applications, including tile murals.
- The giclee is matched to the original, but can also be enhanced by the artist
- Printing is supervised by a professional artist.
- We have six years experience in selling and printing.
- For pricing or questions please feel free to contact us